Wednesday, July 2, 2008

And it starts

Technically, I'm on my second week of training. I'm attempting to follow this training guide. The first week, as I was recovering from the swollen ankle still, I just ran two 6 milers during the week. That weekend, I ran 6 miles on Saturday (one more than I was supposed to) and lifted weights. Sunday I stuck to the recommended 8.
This week so far I've been sort of staying within the training guide, although I do tend to add a mile or so to each run. I was (before the injury slowed me down) used to regular long runs (around 12 miles 4 or 5 days a week), so without tiring myself for the long runs and allowing for the build up that is requested here, I am trying to keep myself amused. I like running, and those short short runs don't quite do it for me. I'm sure that by week 7, I'll be singing another tune. As it is, I plan to run no more than 4 miles tomorrow and visit the gym as well. Since Friday is a rest day (and a holiday) I might spend some time measuring tracks so I can vary where I run a little.
That's it for now.

No comments: