Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Into Week Two

I had some tourble with the weeks leading up to training.  The first week (July 9-15)didn't go quite as planned:

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were fine.  Cross, 3 miles (+strength training), 5 miles.  Thursday I skipped due to a dinner engagement, thinking I'd run the 3 on Friday.  Friday my stomach had the runs, due to the dinner.  Saturday I had a nice 5 miler, but Sunday, the 8 miler did not happen.  Mostly out of lack of organization.  Got up too late and didn't get another chance until the evening, when there was a bit of a thunderstorm.  I decided to let those 8 go and instead concentrate on this week.

This week is going fine so far.

Monday 7/16 - Although I did not get up early, I did walk/run on my treadmill for about 4.5 hours after I came home (cleaning people came for the first time ever!)
Tuesday 7/17 (today) - I got up early, ran 3 miles outside before the heat got a foot hold on the day (rather slow) and then did about half an hour or so of core work - 300 sit ups and 300 repeats with the rolling thingy (must find a name for it).

From now on, I'd like to try to update this a bit more often.  If not daily, then at least every other day.

No comments: