Wednesday, September 3, 2008

This is NOT easy

Last Thursday 28th I had a nice short run and Friday I rested. Saturday's 8 miler at pace was more than comfortable. I think I might have run closer to 9 miles (and I locked myself out of the house). I spent a good amount of time at the gym afterward, no problem. On Sunday I had a 17 miler to run, which I did, but it was really very hard. It took me almost 4 hours to complete because of all the walking breaks I took. I think I let myself be daunted by the distance and thought about it too much during the run. I plan to take a book with me (audio book, of course) for this week's long run (18 miles) which I will also do in a new place, Mt Vernon to Old Town.
On Monday Sept. 1st I did some walking and strength training. Yesterday I could not get out of bed. Today I had an 8 miler, but I decided to just run. As if I weren't training for anything. Just run. I ran a pretty fast, comfortable and enjoyable 10 miles. I plan to do something similar tomorrow and get some strength training in as well. I think I will take Friday off, but I'm not sure right now, I might do something easy. I need to build up for these long runs as well as rest.

No comments: