Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Week 5 update

This last week was not bad.  Although I skipped Tuesday's 3 miler, I made it up on Thursday and with some extra walks along the week.  On Wednesday, I had a good solid 6 miler.  Still too slow, but it did feel more constant and pace-worthy, so to speak.

I've been adding some cross-fit work outs to my strength training to good effect.  I learned walking push ups and added those.  This week I also learned of air lunges which did leave my thighs feeling rather sore this morning, but this is supposed to be a post about the week that just ended.

The long run was a bit of a shamble.  The 12 miles ended up taking 3 hours.  I had a visit at home waiting for me, and I sure scared the hell out of him, getting home much later than planned.  I would say I hit the wall at around 10 miles, but I was already fighting a bad thick fog since around mile 9.  This being a step-back week, the Sat. mileage is only 9, which will hopefully go well.

As for nutrition, I've mostly kept up a good show.  Eating well, keeping alcohol levels low.  At the end of the week, I was still holding steady at 139.  However, on Saturday and specially on Sunday, there was quite a bit of beer drinking due to a birthday.

Sunday night, my mom and I agreed to lose 5 pounds in two weeks.  On Monday morning, I weighed the usual 139.  This morning, I'm down to 137!  So, that's two down!

Hope to see the trend stick.

No comments: